Check out our Frequently Asked Questions, and be sure to explore our Helpful Hints at the bottom of this page!
How much is it to rent a frozen margarita, daiquiri or slushy machine from Margarita Man® Saint Augustine?
Click here to view our current pricing.
What types of drinks are available through The Margarita Man®?
Click here to learn more about our flavors!
How easy is it to operate the machine?
The machines are very easy to operate. You will be given a tutorial on using the machine when it is delivered. We will also walk you through making the first batch of mix to make sure you get the hang of it. We will leave you with our cell phone number where you can always contact us with questions during your party.
When planning my party, how many guests can one batch serve?
One batch of the margarita mix makes about 70-75 eight-ounce drinks. When deciding on types of drinks and flavors take the total ounces of mix, water and various alcohols and divide by the size cup you are planning on using to give yourself a rough estimate. Our mixing guides for each flavor give you more specific information on how many drinks each flavor will yield. We suggest using 8 or 9 oz cups to ensure that the machines can keep up with volume. The smaller cup also reduces waste. If 16 oz cups are used about 30% usually ends up melted and in the trash!
How long does it take the mix to freeze?
30 to 45 minutes depending on the temperature. Depending on whether the machine is indoors or out can vary the freezing time. Once the machine completes the first freeze cycle, it’s nonstop for the rest of the night. There’s no waiting between batches, because you add to the reservoir when the mix-low light comes on.
Does The Margarita Man® provide the liquor for alcoholic beverages?
No, we do not. You will need to provide 2 to 3 liters of alcohol based of the strength and type of drink being made. All of our mixes are delicious without alcohol for business events or kids’ parties. For variety, the mixes can be made without liquor and guests advised to add whatever they would like to their cups to make their favorite drink.
How far in advance of my event should I book my machine?
We suggest that you secure your reservation 2 to 3 weeks in advance of your party, although you are welcome to call us with last-minute requests and we will do our best to accommodate if we have availability. We suggest at least one month in advance during holidays and graduation season.
How do I purchase additional mixes if I run out during my party?
We always leave additional mixes at the bottom of the cart in case you run out. Extra mixes outside the one (1) or two (2) that come with the rental are $25 each payable at the time the machine is picked up.
What do I need when The Margarita Man® delivers the machine?
We will need to speak with the person responsible for running the machine. We will provide a tutorial on how to operate the machine as well as mix the first batch of drink mix. In addition to the tutorial we will leave operating instructions for any questions you might have in addition to being available via the telephone to answer any questions.
How big are the machines, and what are the power requirements?
The machines are about the size of a large microwave and come on a wheeled cart. They require a standard 120 (Standard household plug) volt 15 amp circuit. If an extension cord is needed, we will provide one (we use thicker-than-normal cords to help the machines draw enough power). Since they draw about the same amps as a refrigerator or freezer, they MUST be plugged into a circuit that does not already have a large appliance. 99% of any machine problems that arise are caused by the machine sharing a circuit with an inflatable jumper, disc jockey setup, freezer, refrigerator, nacho cheese warmer, etc. THIS IS CRITICAL!
Do I have to clean the machine before you pick it up?
No! There are no cleaning responsibilities nor charges for you. Just turn the machine off when your party is over.
- If you have not rented a machine before, you may be surprised to learn that 50-70% of your guests will choose the frozen drinks over beer and wine. This means you can probably get by with providing less beer and wine.
- Keep margarita machines in the shade during daytime operation.
- Use a dedicated 120V, 15-20 amps circuit for each machine. If you don’t know what that means, call us!
- Using a cold mix will ensure better output. During hot weather, add a 1/2 small bag of ice to mixing bucket before adding the water.
- Heavy gauge extension cords (12 Ga) are provided with each rental. Please do not use any other cords. Extension cords provided are typically 25 ft and should not exceed 50 feet total length.
- Please tell us when you make your reservation if we will encounter any steps or stairways during delivery. If so, there must be one or more healthy adults around to help the delivery person.
- Unauthorized transportation of machine(s) will result in a $500 fine. Please do not attempt to relocate, lift or otherwise move machines.